Friday, June 20, 2008

Visiting Teaching

I am so excited to do Visiting Teaching! Isn't the church great? They set you up with people to become friends with by service. And I think I have the BEST companion and visiting teachees ever! I've seen these women at church and wanted to talk and become friends, but you know how it is at church. Everybody gets busy and there isn't ever enough time! So imagine how happy I was to find out that the sisters on my list were the exact ones I wanted to get to know!

After doing my visiting last night, I went to my aunt's house to learn how to take care of Grandma for the weekend. Really I just need to check on her in the evenings to help her take her medicines. Peggy, my aunt, showed me what to do in about 15 minutes, and then after that, we talked outside for about 2 hours! She's such a nice gal and a great artist to boot! She's willing to help Derek out with learning sketching.

And Derek taught me how to do this cool thing with text links. I've seen them, but I thought that they were WAY out of my league. But, guess what! They weren't! They are the coolest thing! Say you want to put a link to a site in your post, but the link is long and U-G-L-Y. Type in this html code and it makes a word a link! This is all probably baby stuff for a lot of you bloggers out there... bear with me.

Ok readers, I feel like a dummy. There is actually a "text link" button right next to the left align button. So to get directions for the easy way of text links, and the hard way, click on my text link. It will tell you all the rest!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are getting to know new people through VT. We don't have companions out here because there are so few active sistes to go around. Sometimes that is a plus, but I often miss sharing the load so to speak, as well as the friendship, but I am always lifted up when need be.

    ReplyDelete