Monday, March 23, 2009

Book of Mormon Mondays - Peace to my Soul

Well, I've been bad.  No posts for a week!  But I do have a good excuse.  I was in Arizona visiting my grandparents and aunt and uncle doing a bit of family history work along with some sight seeing and game playing.  I have a lot to tell and a ton of pictures to post, but I just got back last night and haven't had the time or energy to get things together, yet...  It will happen someday this week.

And as all good vacations end (even bad ones), so did this one, and I was really dreading going back to real life.  Moving out of our apartment, getting taxes done, getting back to work, paying bills, etc.  I was feeling really anxious.  This week is going to be pretty stressful and I have been feeling it.

So last night and this morning I prayed really hard for strength and courage (sounds overly dramatic, doesn't it?) to face the challenges that I knew would be coming.  And when I read scriptures this morning with Derek, this is what I read.

11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him.  (Alma 58:11)

That sounds a little dramatic, too.  But the part that spoke to me were the words "visit us with assurances," "speak peace to our souls," and "grant unto us great faith."  Those were all words I needed to hear.  They were the words I wasn't able to form in my mind as I prayed, but were what I would have said.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I needed to hear it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you moving to? If you need any help, let me know. There is no school this week so I am free if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're moving to my parents' house. My dad is at the point where he needs extra help most all the time.

    Thanks for the offer! We just might need your help. I'll give you a call this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I needed this very message for much the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete