Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday - My Dad

This week I'm really grateful for my dad.  He's great.  Everyone says that their dad is great, and I'm sure they all are.  But my dad has been doing some special things for us lately.

For instance, my brother and my husband have been struggling with making a good income the last couple of months.  My brother hadn't been able to find a job (He has one now working with my uncle, at least temporarily!), and Derek's handyman business has been a bit slow in the winter months, but things are starting to pick up a bit now.  So my dad thought and thought of how he could help his sons earn money for their families, and he bought a lawn aerator for them use.  As they aerate lawns, they'll give him a percentage of the profits.  Thank you dad!

And if any of you local readers need your lawn aerated, or know of anyone who needs their lawns aerated, let us know.  Derek's charging $45 per yard unless it's extra large.

And my dad is helping us pay for this...

 
Yes, we are expecting.  So far, my due date is September 24th--one day after my dad's birthday oddly enough.  I had my first OB appointment yesterday evening.  Everything looks good so far.  And lucky me, I had some suspicions but really had no idea I was pregnant until earlier this month because I've had no noticeable nausea!  I bet that means I'll be in for it later... :)

Our maternity insurance is kind of stinky, so while we figure out a better way to handle doctor bills, my dad has offered to lend us the money we need.  And we can pay him back when ever we can.  Thank you dad!!!  We love you!!!

My dad, my mom, me and Derek last September during lunch

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! Oh my goodness that is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!!! I hope you don't get any nausea at all! Please keep me updated with baby news!
    Aren't dads just amazing?! I'm so glad you have your dad to help you out in times of need. It's such a blessing to have a wonderful family. We are lucky people huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was so confused when I saw an ultrasound picture on my blog sidebar with the title you have. You do have a great dad, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi & Chris ReeveMarch 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM

    So exciting! Congrats! Funny thing, we have been trying for #3 for a few months and when we first started, I checked out the would be due date online and it would of been Sep 24th had it happened like the first 2 had. That would of been cool to have babies close together.

    The economy is just bad for a lot of people, but hopefully you living with your parents will be a big help! Good insurance is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaY! I am sooo excited for you two!Aren't Dads Great too! I love mine and I am grateful for all his thoughtfulness in our hard times as well.Bye the way I will be needing Derek's help on quite a few projects coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Rachel! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! That is the most exciting thing ever! You guys will be the funnest (is that a word?) parents ever. You guys crack me up (in a good way of course). You may skip out on the morning sickness thing all together. You never know. I did and you are already nearing the end of the 1st trimester anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Congrats guys. I am so excited for you. September babies are great (I was one). Let us know if we can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow! It's been a while since I've read your blog, and look what I come back to find! Congrats!! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so sheepish about missing this! And it made me chuckle to squeeze lawn aeration in with an announcement on this magnitude!

    But I'd sure hire him if we lived there, our yard needs it desperately.

    ReplyDelete