Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Newsworthy Tuesday - I'm keeping up!

I've kept up with a few of my 2009 goals!  Yay!

My first goal is to become a better photographer.  I'm having a little trouble with that because my memory card is corrupt and a new one isn't in my budget yet.  Isn't that sad?!

My second goal is to take better care of my body.  The weather got a little better, so I walked to my parents' house for a few days, but then the weather got a little unplesant so I haven't been walking.  But I have been  making some consious decisions to have healthier snacks.  Like an apple instead of doughnuts. :)

Third is to increase my gospel knowledge.  I'm still reading The Infinite Atonement, and I'm still loving it!  It's got so much great stuff in it!  And my Book of Mormon Mondays posts have come in handy.  I used one for a FHE lesson yesterday evening!

Fourth is to improve my relationship with my husband.  I found an excellent book titled, Love and Respect, by Emmerson Eggerichs.  It's a great book!  He has an interesting theory about the big difference between men and women.  I felt like it was almost written about us specifically!

And fifth is to become a historian.  My goal was to read a book from or about a certain area of the world each month.  January was Africa.  And I chose the Middle East (not including Israel and Palestine) for February.  I didn't get a book picked out--February was pretty crazy around here--but I did find an excellent blog written by an American woman living in Saudi Arabia.  It's called Susie's Big Adventure.  It's so good! I love to learn about other cultures, customs and traditions.  Read it, you'll love it!  And through her blog, I found a TON of other blogs from the Middle East!

2 comments:

  1. That is great that you are keeping up with your goals. It always feels good when we have success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Rachel! These are all awesome goals. I am pretty much doing the same ones except for historian. But I am trying to read more and learn more in general. These all sound like great books! I'll have to check them out.

    I am currently reading"Motherhood, a partnership with God." and "The Last Lecture" and am really enjoying those.

    ReplyDelete