Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Newsworthy Tuesday - Arizona Trip

Derek and I traveled down to Arizona to visit family last week.  Making a stop in Provo on the way down and back up.  We had a blast!  We have the best family!  It was great to get away from life for a week and just relax.

Along with visiting, playing games, and doing personal history interviews with my grandparents, we were able to visit three national parks and a national monument: the Petrifiied Forest NP, the Painted Desert NP, the Grand Canyon NP, and Walnut Canyon NM. 


Derek at the Petrified Forest
My grandparents at the Petrified Forest
My aunt at the Petrified Forest
My grandpa in his truck.  He really isn't as rough as he looks in this picture.  
He's really the nicest guy around.  
Derek and I couldn't help taking it when we saw that he had his sunglasses, hat and toothpick.
Walnut Canyon near Flagstaff
The plants at Walnut Canyon.
The main attraction at Walnut Canyon are the cliff dwellings.  
They are seriously right on the edge of the cliff.
This cliff dwelling was partially destroyed.
 
Derek at the Grand Canyon.  It was his first time.
We were lucky to be there around sunset.  The colors were great!
On another more newsworthy note, Derek and I are moving.  But just within town.  And actually just within a couple miles.  My dad is needing a bit more help and support taking care of my mom.  So we'll be moving in with them. It will be a big adjustment--their house isn't very big--but it will help us out as well.  Maybe we can actually start saving some money instead of spending it all on life! :)

4 comments:

  1. Where all in Az. did you go? I grew up (4th-11th grade) in Az. I lived in Tuba City, Flagstaff, and Bullhead city. I love Flagstaff! I am glad you had a chance to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived with my parents for 9 months in grad school. It is a challenge, but fun too. It will be nice to save some money. Life is so expensive! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a big move in my opinion, but I know you will create many memories that you will cherish later in life.

    I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon and those cliff dwellings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cliff dwellings look so interesting. I love imagining what life would have been like back in those days.

    Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do in your families situation. It will be worth it when you come out ahead financially. I totally understand the life/money thing. My mom's situation is not the best as well but the income is such a needed blessing right now for us. Do you need any help with the move? ...the big stuff? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete