Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Things I Love about Life Today

 

  1. Fun, new recipes: I've been into trying out new recipes the last few days.  The latest were Lime Snowball Cookies and Chocolate Mint Snaps.  Both very delicious!  But maybe I should start experimenting with real food recipes so I don't make my whole household fat!! :)

  2. Crockpots:  Quite a few of the new freezer meals I made a couple weeks ago can be cooked in the crockpot.  I love it!  The only problem I'm having now is remembering to take out the food to defrost a the evening or day before!

  3. My memory-foam mattress:  I love my bed!  It's so comfortable!  Everyone should have one!

  4. Digi scrapbooking freebies:  Why buy digital scrapbooking supplies when you can get them for free?  It takes a bit longer to get a good stash, but totally worth it.  I've got so much stuff now that I had to buy an external hard drive just so my computer would function!

  5. Jessica Sprague's photo editing class:  My poor husband has had to sit through a few of these class videos.  But I love them (and him!) and it's nice that he'll humor me and watch them with me.  He's always impressed with my resulting applied knowledge.  I was lucky enough to find out about Jessica's free class a month or so ago.  I have learned so much and I'm having way too much fun!!!

  6. Family:  My brother and his wife stopped by for a few minutes this afternoon.  I hadn't seen them for quite a while (They've both been sick and I was out of town for a week).  I had forgotten how nice it is to see them!  They really need to come by more often!

  7. Living with family:  This one might seem weird to a lot of people.  My husband and I live with my parents.  It was a decision we made as families when we realized that it was taking a lot more work than one person could do 24-hrs a day to take care of my mom (she has advanced MS).  It's not always super convenient, but there are definitely a lot of benefits and blessings of being with extended family.

  8. Aprons:  Lately, I've been noticing that I've been needing aprons a lot more than I used to.  Probably has something to do with being pregnant.  I guess I'm just more clumsy or more careless than I used to be.  I was getting ingredients all over me!  But now I've discovered the magic of aprons.  No more mess!

  9. Nice weather:  I don't go outside very often or for very long periods of time, but it is really nice to see blue sky, be able to open windows in the mornings, and have a cool breeze when I go to get the mail and newspaper. 

  10. Only 2.5 more months to go!  I've entered the I'm-ready-to-be-done phase.  I'm not completely miserable yet, but I'm tired of the little inconveniences of being pregnant.  Plus, I'm really wanting to see what our kid looks like when she (at least we're pretty sure she's a she) comes out!

2 comments:

  1. Great list Rachel!!! It's the little things that mean so much isn't it! I hope you are having a fabulous day!!!! (And the cookies sound so yummy I could almost smell them from here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can cook several things frozen in a crockpot and they turn out just fine like chicken breasts. Probably because it cooks so slow for an extended period of time. I had to laugh about your recipes because I was totally expecting actual meals because I knew that you have been doing a lot of freezer meal things. But I totally cracked up when I read that they were all cookies. Too funny! One last thing. What is your due date again?

    ReplyDelete