Friday, July 11, 2008

My Wonderful, Amazing Husband

Here's my baby!  Doesn't he look so manly with a sledge hammer slung over his shoulder?!  He's been working so hard the last few days!  A couple in our ward called to see if they could hire Derek to come help them put in a fence.  A HUGE thank you to Sister Bickham for recommending Derek when they needed extra help!!!!  At first we thought it would be a short job because it's a vinyl fence, but we soon found out that it will take a while.  I guess that goes to show that you shouldn't judge a job when you've not done it before! :)  But it's looking great!  All the fence posts are plum and in line.  It's going to be a perfect fence!

Anyways, I just want to publicly show how proud I am of Derek.  He is wonderful!  Derek has the unique talent of figuring out new things as he's on his first try!  It usually takes me two or three trial runs to get it right.  His end product of whatever (handyman-wise or in anything else creative) he does always looks so perfect.  He never thinks so, and tries to show me all the flaws.  I'm so grateful to have a husband who is able to do these sorts of things for ourselves, for our friends, and for pay.  I'm so fortunate to have an in home handyman!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Derek! You are a lucky girl Rachel! We think you both are great! Good luck on all the projects!

    ReplyDelete