Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Weekend in Provo

We had an excellent weekend in Provo! Derek and I drove down on Friday night, arriving around 10:30. We had planned on going to the Provo temple Saturday morning since the Boise temple was closed for maintenance, but the Provo one was closed too! Mt Timp was the closest open temple, so we went there. We had planned on going to the 9:00 or 9:30 session, but got a up a bit late. As we walked into the temple at around 9:30, there were tons of people outside and around the grounds. Thinking that this was normal because Mt Timp is popular for weddings, we didn't worry about not making it to my Aunt and Uncle's house by noon. But, the temple was busy on the inside too. We didn't quite make the 10:00 session, and the 10:30 session was about 15-20 minutes late. Good thing there aren't too many clocks inside the temple, I would have been stressing out the whole time. It was so nice to be there with Derek!

We got out of the temple at 12:30, 30 minutes late! It was a quarter after one by the time we got to my aunt and uncle's house. But it ended up being just perfect. They had some family over that morning and for lunch. They were just leaving as we got there. The main purpose for our visit was to get them set up on the blog (my Chronicles of My Family). I would have felt bad taking them away from their other family. It was great to see them again! They have a bunch of stories that I think will be great for the blog! I hope they post them.

Yi and Sarah came over on Saturday afternoon/evening to prepare dinner. They made three dishes, Bell pepper steak, Coke Chicken, and tomato eggs. They were all DELICIOUS! We wish we lived closer to Yi so that he can cook for us more often! After dinner, Derek and I went to help them move their stuff out of an apartment and into a U-haul truck. They had a bit of a fiasco with this Wymount apartment, but they're getting their stuff moved into a different, off campus apartment.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We even got to get home taught by Mom and Dad Cheney's home teachers, the Kangs! We love the Kangs! They were so nice, they brought over a gift bag full of treats for our trip home. :)

About half-way through Church, we realized that we didn't have enough time to visit Daryn and Becca and still get home at a decent hour, so we called home, and Dad graciously let us stay another day. I help my parents out during the work-week so my dad can still get work done. Thanks Dad!

We visited Daryn and Becca Sunday evening, and had a great visit! Their boys are growing up so fast! It's fun to see them! Joseph is too cute! As we were visiting, the Lees showed up! We had seen them at the temple, but thought that would be it. We were pleasantly surprised!

Monday was spent running errands (mostly unsuccessfully) and then driving back home. We got back around 9:30, wiped out. We unpacked our stuff, did some laundry and collapsed! Busy, busy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Jodi & Chris ReeveJuly 23, 2008 at 9:19 AM

    Oh to be kid free and go to the temple without much of a plan! I think that is the thing I miss more than anything with having kids, but then again, I guess it is extra special when we do get to go.

    What took you to Provo? Just a weekend get away?

    I loved the half man story, that is just funny. I always thought the same thing about the home depot commercials around father's day, but I suppose it could be true for some men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a nice (and busy!) trip full of seeing great friends and family! I'm glad you made it to the temple too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed having you stay with us for a longer weekend this time. Glad you could attend church and enjoy our home teachers also. Thanks for sharing Yi's meal with us and for Derek fixing the two door locks.

    ReplyDelete