Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Newsworthy Tuesday - Mormons and Prop 8

I don't know about all of you, but I have been SHOCKED by the riots around LDS temples in California as a result of Prop 8 passing!  I understand that there are some very upset people out there and they have a right to express their feelings, but they way many are doing it is just wrong!

I am glad to see that there is someone else who isn't LDS who shares my feelings about the situation.  By no means were we the majority of voters in that election or the only religious group that encouraged people to vote for Prop 8.

Read this article, Former Catholic Bishop of Salt Lake City Decries Religious Bigotry in Political Ad; Defends LDS Role in California Ballot Initiative Protecting Traditional Marriage.  It's nice to get some support!

1 comment:

  1. Nah, protesting isn't wrong. I just really disagreed with the way they were protesting (very aggressive and almost attacking) and that they have been targeting primarily Mormons on the way to the temple.

    Plus I feel like (in a round about way) they're protesting our right to freedom of religion.

    ReplyDelete