Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Morning Musings - Life Changes

I'm not sure which is worse.  On the one hand, you've got not knowing the day your life is going to drastically change.  It'll come at some point; you know what will happen, or at least you have an idea.  You just don't know when. 

On the other hand, you've got a scheduled date.  You know almost down to the minute when it's going to happen, and the anxiety caused by the hugeness of the change builds up because in the back of your mind you're constantly thinking, "this is the last time I'll be doing this before..."

Or at least that's what's going on with me.  I'm in the second category of life changers.  I think I stress myself out more than the actual event does because I'm always thinking!  My c-section is scheduled for Tuesday morning.  As in tomorrow morning.  And it's just hitting me now. 

I've been pretty excited about having a scheduled c-section rather than going into labor whenever my body and baby decides it's time because of what my doctors have advised me. But now that the scheduled big day is coming up I'm starting to freak a little.  Just on the inside at this point though.  I don't do so well with pain.  For goodness sake, I have to have my husband hold my hand when the nurse takes my blood for tests!  I'm a major wuss.  Plus, after the pain comes a baby and all the changes that requires.

In some ways just letting it happen could be better.  I wouldn't have time to worry about everything.  But that would probably mean I would freak out in a bigger way on the big day.  This way it's spread out a little more.  Derek will probably be grateful for that! :)  And I'm sure when all is said and done, it'll all be worth it.  That's what I've been told by every mother I've talked to whether or not they went through labor, had a c-section, or a combination of both. 

So keep me and Derek in your prayers this week.  I'm sure we'll do fine, and I'll probably even surprise myself with how well I make it through the next few days, but it's always nice to have people praying for you!


11 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning! So exciting (and yes, a little bit scary, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel- good luck tomorrow! I hope you get all the drugs you need! You can do it! You are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime a new post pops up in my google reader from you, I am hoping it is baby news. It looks like tomorrow is the day. I am soooo thankful that my c-section was an emergency one and I did not have days to think about it. If I had to think about it my mind would be going crazy! I would easily sign up to do it again the next time though. You will do great and I can't wait to come visit. I hope you don't mind if I do. What time are you having her again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great, Rachel! Birthing's no picnic, however it happens, but you are definitely right, it IS worth it! Get some rest! We're excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm sure everything will go fine! You'll have a wonderful baby tomorrow that you can hold now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will totally suprise yourself... We all do. Can't wait to see your sweet baby. Enjoy all the sweet little moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get some rest, go out and spend some good quality time with your husband and enjoy your evening. Good luck tomorrow! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just take it one day at a time! You will do great and it will be wondeful baby in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited for you!! I can't believe this day is here! You will be an incredible mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will do great! You will even surprise yourself! We are praying for all of you. Please keep us posted. Our girls are so anxious to find out what their new cousin's name is going to be. We won't tell them anything!
    Love Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new little daughter. We're glad you're both doing well. It does change your life when children come along---but for the best. We look forward to seeing you soon. Get some rest and enjoy this special time.
    Love, Mom C.

    ReplyDelete