Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Things That Make My Life Easier

So I'm totally copying Amanda's list idea.  I've got different things on my list.  I don't have all the cool things Amanda does!  Two alarm clocks would be great!


 
Top 10 Things That Make My Life Easier
  1. The amazing computer network my dad set up.  I help take care of my mom, so during the days I need to be available to her which means that I'm often in her room away from my computer in mine (did I mention that Derek and I live at my parents house?).  My dad's awesome network allows me to access all my files on any other computer in the house (if they're both on), most often my parents iBook.  That means I can do all my fun digi-scrapping and digi-scrap supply downloading from anywhere!  Yay!

  2. My library's inter-library loan system.  My city library stinks.  Really, it does!  I rarely go in there and find what I'm looking for.  So usually I find new books on other blogs and Amazon.com and then request them through the inter-library loan system.  It only takes anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to get the book to me!  And speaking of Amazon...

  3. Amazon.com.  I love Amazon.com!  I can find just about any book by any author, and then find other books by that same author or other books of the same genre.  And best of all, when I find one that I really like, I put it in my wishlist so I don't forget about it!  It's my main book finding place. 

  4. My mattress.  I have one of those memory foam mattresses.  Best thing we've ever gotten!  It's so good that vacations are almost a let-down after sleeping one night... almost.

  5. Hulu.  There are a million--well, maybe not a million--TV shows that Derek and I enjoy, but we don't always get around to watching them all.  Hulu lets me subscribe to the shows I like AND sends me e-mails when a new show I've subscribed to is up on their site!  Perfect and simple for me.  I don't have to try and catch the newest episodes on TV whenever it is they come on, and Hulu's got all my subscriptions together so I don't have to find them all over the internet!

  6. Netflix.  We use Netflix to get TV seasons.  Most recently was Medium.  Over the last few months we've watched seasons 1-4.  My dad even got into them a bit!  Up next?  I think Alias.

  7. IMDB.com.  Ever watched a movie, recognized an actor, but couldn't remember who he/she was or what else you've seen them in?  In comes The Internet Movie Database or IMDB.com.  Derek is addicted to that site.  He's always got his laptop set up at the beginning of movies so he's able to quickly find any mystery actor! :)

  8. My dirty, old, ugly, off-brand crocs.  I've had them for over a year now, and anyone who's owned a pair of these shoes know the soles wear out long before that time.  But I love them because they're easy to slip on and off for when I'm going to check the mail, move the car, go to the doctors office, etc.

  9. My faith.  I have an excellent religion that makes life's hard times just a little bit easier.  It gives me a sense of purpose: who I am, where I came from, and where I'm going.  Basically, it gives me a plan to live by.  I am proud to say I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

  10. My wonderful husband.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  He's always so helpful, and he is now even more since I've become somewhat helpless!  He's not afraid to do housework, and he always works so hard!  Thanks Derek!



2 comments:

  1. Great list. I love imdb, too. Your husband is smart. I usually have to make my husband pause the movie so I can go check in the other room. Or else I make him go get his laptop, if he brought it home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMDB. I do that all the time..."who is that guy? I'll look him up!"

    ReplyDelete