Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You Might Be Married to a Handyman If... (Part II)

Photobucket
You Might Be Married to a Handyman If... (Part II)

  1. ...you can't drive the 2nd car because it's a dirty, 40 year-old stick shift Ford F-150 that starts in the 2nd gear.

  2. ...most of the gifts you or your family buys your husband are tools or gift cards to Lowes and Home Depot.

  3. ...you have to check your husband for sweat, dust, paint, mortar, grout, etc. before giving him a hug or kiss.

  4. ...you have an extra category of laundry: lights, darks,  and husband's work clothes.

  5. ...there are enough reference manuals in your house to build a house, possibly out of the manuals! :)

  6. ...every time you go to someone's house your husband ends up fixing something, or looks at something they want fixed or redone in the future.  (This one's my favorite because it means people are always happy to have us come over, and/or a job in the future!)

  7. ...your husband's cell phone has dust in every crevice.  He has to wipe it off every time he uses it.  (Amazingly, it still works!)

  8. ...your husband has double sets of callouses on his palms.

  9. ...most of your furniture is or will be handmade.

  10. ...you buy Powerade in bulk.  Big time.

    And a Bonus!

  11. ...every time you hold your husband's hand there's something rough or scratchy--a cut, scrape or puncture wound.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to some of these!
    My hubs is handy, but he is also a computer guy, so people LOVE to have us come over!! haha! There always seems to be a broken printer, hard drive or something about 30 minutes after we arrive! :-) But he loves to help and I love that they want us over. I just benefit from the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, and so, so true! My husband is an mechanical engineer, but woodworking and construction are his "hobbies." He always ends up with random cuts which are more often than not, deep. I love his response when I ask him what happened: "I don't know." If I cut myself that badly that often he should would hear every. single. detail. about it. Multiple times!

    ReplyDelete