Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Newsworthy Tuesday - a Birthday and a Wedding Reception

It has been quite a weekend/week/month! We've seriously been going non-stop since just before Christmas! But I think we'll finally get back to normal now that everything's done!

This weekend was my husband's birthday and my brother's wedding reception. And in honor of those two occasions, our friends Yi (pronounced like the letter E) and Sarah came to visit. Such a fun visit! We're so glad they came!

We had a great time chatting, shopping, getting set up for PJ's reception and playing Wii!  I think that our cat has found a new best friend.  Yi is always a magnet for our pets!

The reception went great.  Tons of people came from our ward, and nearly all of our family living in the area came too!  I was impressed.  And Kristi, the popcorn was a hit!  Thanks again for the recipe.  And for anyone who would like a copy, ask Kristi or me.

After the reception, Yi, Sarah, Derek and I went back to our place and played games.  At 1:30AM, we realized that it was Derek's birthday and let him open a couple of presents, his tripod flashlight and his Batmobile Tumbler!  He's had a jones for that model for forever and was so excited to get it, he almost knocked me over and strangled me with a hug!  Suffice it to say he was excited!

Sunday was pretty normal other than we all skipped the second and third hours of church.  My mom wasn't feeling well, and we needed to see Yi and Sarah off with a good lunch.  Derek requested my spicy soup and a double batch of biscuits.  Since it was his birthday, I couldn't say no!  He opened more presents, played cards, and I think he had a pretty good birthday!  Thanks everyone for the gifts!


Sarah, Yi and Derek waiting for the reception to start.

My new sis-in-law.  Isn't she pretty!

PJ and Rachel.

My parents posing next to the artwork I made.

Rachel and her mom. 

PJ and Rachel opening gifts.

PJ and Rachel opening our gift to them, an Inkubook of PJ's baby pictures.

All of us playing cards Sunday afternoon.  I think this was the only birthday picture of Derek! :(


A Derek birthday funny:
On Monday morning after he dropped me off at my parents' house, we were doing our usual goodbye routine which consists of me doing weird, cutesy, lovey things and Derek patienly playing along (in a very manly way of course).  That day it was each of us making the I love you ASL sign and touching our fingertips together.  He did it with me, and then turned to me and said with a smile, "You know I'm 28 now.  I can't keep doing all these silly things!"  Ha!  Like he'll ever grow out of doing silly things! :D

3 comments:

  1. Well, you can tell your husband that I'm the one who patiently puts up with the lovey dovey stuff, and my husband is almost 35 now!

    Did you design this layout all yourself? I am tres impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    Unfortunately, my blogging talents do not run over into template design. I'm only good at making them work for me. And sometimes, I'm not even that great at that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek and I are only about a month apart in age. What a super busy weekend. I hope that things have calmed down some. I am so glad that popcorn worked for you and that I gave you some to try before you made. It is soooo easy yet so impressive. You are going to have to tell me how the reception went.

    ReplyDelete