Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Way Back Wednesday - The Kiss that Was a Bummer

This story isn't as way back as most of my others.  This one only happened about a week ago, but with as many things as have happened lately, it feels like quite a while ago! :)

So, the kiss that was a bummer...

We were driving back from my brother's wedding in Utah, about 6 hours plus a few stops.  Derek and I drove my dad's truck following my parents in their van.  We were having TONS of fun, listening to music, singing, talking, etc.  We had lots of snacks that my dad shared with us.  My favorite was the Hershey's Kisses.  See where this is going yet?

Well, we got home, and I put on my coat to go from the car to the house to start unloading things.  When I came back out to the truck, Derek had this weird look on his face and said, "Um, you might want to check your butt.  There's a ton of brown stuff on your seat..."  For a split second, I panicked.  I didn't think I had that sort of problem.  And I really didn't remember making a mess of any type on my seat!

Since I couldn't see my own butt very well, I walked over to the passenger seat and sure enough, there was a ton of brown stuff... with a foil wrapper in it.  I guess I had sat on at least one Hershey's Kiss.  Then I walked back around the truck and asked Derek to check and see how bad it was on my pants.  I turned around, bent over, and lifted my coat.  He immediately laughed and said, "Ew! There are clumps in it!"

We ran inside to get a wet rag to clean off the seat (thank goodness there were leather seat covers on them) and then clean me up.  I couldn't really see it on myself, so I asked Derek to help.  I grabbed a couple wipies, handed them to Derek, and then bent over. 

It was one of the most awkward situations I have ever been in.  Way to realistic for comfort! Derek kept saying, "I didn't think I'd have to do this for years!"  But it was hilarious!  We were laughing so hard!  I think we must have added at least 10 years to our lives.

And it was a good thing that I had packed two pairs of pants for the trip!  I changed and washed the chocolately pants while we ate dinner with my parents.  And my family teased me for the rest of the evening. 

5 comments:

  1. So this is sooo funny, this kinda stuff happens to me all the time. I am so glad Josh still loves me despite it. I had a very similiar experience when Josh and I were dating.I drove down to see him in Utah and I had forgot about the Hershey chocolate bar I had tucked under one of my legs while I was doing something. Anyways five hours later, I had a mess and some explaining to do when I got to Josh's house.It looked so gross!Hey when you guys are free sometime we would love to hang out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo funny! Did anyone else see you cleaning up the mess? If so, you weren't the only ones laughing....

    Glad you had fun on your trip home.

    Love, Mom C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, I think that was WAY more than 10 years added to your lives! I'm thinking 50 or 60......

    ReplyDelete