Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Alternative to bows and gift tags

i


I have always been against those sticky bows and gift tags on Christmas gifts.  Or any other kind of gift.  They make them hard to stack.  And since bows are technically reusable (they don't get ruined easily with one wrapping like wrapping paper), you feel obligated to save them so you can use them again.  But the next time you go to get one out, they're always a little mussed up!

So, my solution that I've come up with the last couple of years is to use a permanent marker to write the "too" and "from" directly on the wrapping paper.  I've found it doesn't look half bad!  And if you can do block lettering or something, it even adds to the wrapping paper!

2 comments:

  1. Very easy! That's what my dh's family always does!

    I'm with you on the sticky bows, too! I just posted about making a bow out of wrapping paper! ;)

    a

    ReplyDelete