Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Way Back When Wednesday - A Public Mudhole

This is a funny memory from my great aunt Afton:

Our dad, Vernon, was the first one in Franklin to get a brand new pickup. Everyone was so excited. One man in town was especially pleased and wanted to take a ride. Dad took him for a ride and they were going along when Dad hit a mud puddle in the road. All the mud splashed up on the truck. The man yelled at him about getting his new truck dirty. Dad said, "Look, Brother. This is my pickup and it is a public mud hole. So, if I want to drive my pickup through a public mudhole it is nobody's business except mine."

Working on my family history storybook project has had a bittersweet effect on me.  Part of me feels really connected to my ancestors and relatives.  The other part of me feels really sad that I never got to know many of these people.  Some of whom were known and loved dearly by my relatives who are still living.  I am so jealous!  It puts the great plan of happiness on a whole new level for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment