Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Newsworthy Tuesday - DTV Woes

I found this article in the Christian Science Monitor.  It's a column titled,  Thanks to DTV, My Television Has 'Fallen Off a Cliff.'

It's a pretty interesting and informative read.  I've been feeling the last few months like I've been missing important information about the switch to digital television.  All the announcements have been really vague about what to do, who it will affect, etc.  At least it has been to me.

I've been told by those who know, that my TV is going to be ok.  We bought it  new this summer and we get channels like 7.1 and 7.2.  So that means we're ok. 

But evidently the guy writing this article isn't.  His house gets stinky digital reception, and as he says in the column, "it's all or nothing."  If you have the reception, it's great, amazing and wonderful quality.  He says that there's a cut off for an acceptable signal strength.  If you're getting lower than that level, you don't get that channel.  Frustrating!

1 comment: