Friday, December 19, 2008

Microwave Peanut Brittle

I'm not sure where I found this recipe.  I think I did a search online for "peanut brittle recipe" and this was the first one that popped up.  It is the best microwave peanut brittle recipe I've ever made!  Well, it's the first one I've made by myself....  But I have eaten a lot of peanut brittle in my life.  My Mom and Grandma always make this around Christmas time.  This year, I made it!

MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts (It's probably easier to buy shelled peanuts.  All I had available was peanuts in shells.  It took FOREVER to shell a cup!)
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

In a glass bowl stir together sugar and corn syrup.

Microwave on high for 4 minutes then stir in peanuts (stir them in immediately, if you don't it hardens too much and it's difficult to stir)

Microwave again for 3-5 minutes, until golden.

Add butter and vanilla to syrup and mix well.  Microwave for 1-2 minutes more until peanuts will be lightly browned.  The syrup and bowl will be very hot!

Add the baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.  Pour mixture onto greased cookie sheet.  Let cool until hard (1/2-1 hour).

Break it up and store it in an air tight container.

Eat and Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. pecan brittle is really good too, and you can do that in the microwave i am sure with the same recipe just switch the peanuts to pecans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is identical to my recipe! I'd like to take credit for giving it to you, but I don't know if I did or not. I make batches and batches of this stuff every Christmas.

    ReplyDelete