Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I got tagged by a bunch of people on facebook to do this list thing, and thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

1.  I am a Geography freak!

2.  I tend to have big dreams about craft projects, start them totally unprepared, hurry through it, and then hate the end product.

3.  I was adopted as a baby and I love that about me!  It was probably one of the two best things that ever happened to me in my life!

4.  I really am married to my best friend.  Everybody says that, but I don't believe most of them.  My husband and I are a match made in heaven!

5.  I am a relatively recent cat lover convert.  I never really hated them, but it wasn't until I was married that I really found my love for them.  We've had 4 cats in our 5 years of marriage (no, we didn't kill them, it's a long story).

6.  I talk to my cat like she can really understand, and I think she does... usually.

7.  I do a lot of weird dances.  But only in front of my husband. 

8.  We lived in Korea for a year and a half.  Half loved it, half hated it while we were there.  Now I really REALLY miss it and would move back in a heart beat if everything was just right.

9.  I've tried to learn German, Japanese, and Korean, but haven't really made much progress in any of them.  But by trying to learn another language, I have a real appreciation for those who are bilingual and especially trilingual!

10.  I'm a picky reader.  The books have to have substance.  I am NOT a fan of Twilight, and love books like Anna Karenina.

11.  I'm a picky movie watcher.  They can't have any substance.  Serious movies don't hold my attention.  Unless they're documentaries

12.  I have all kinds of opinions on all kinds of current events.  Don't get me started on any of them.  Unless you're really interested.

13.  It's my dream someday to take a 'round the world trip via plane, train (Trans-siberian Railroad) and boat.  We almost did coming home from Korea, but it ended up being a little expensive and scary.

14.  I have only recently discovered my love for the X-Files and Alias.  I can't get enough of them now.  Good thing Derek likes them too.

15.  I love to play the piano, but I hate practicing.  Good thing I'm decent at sight reading.

16.  I love to do cross stitch, but hate displaying them.  I also don't like giving them away so I end up storing them.

17.  Digi scrapbooking is my new creative outlet.  If only I had the money to print the stuff!

18.  When I was a kid, I wanted to have green eyes and my name to be Epiphany.  I saw the word on a calendar and thought it was pretty.

19.  I have a fear of heights and open backed stairs.  But I'm getting over them.  I did a hike by myself in Korea that involved climbing over 100 open backed stairs and some crazy bridges bolted to the side of a cliff overlooking a stream.  Sounds crazier than it actually was, but it was pretty scary for me.  I had to sing Primary songs to myself to keep calm! :)

20.  I'm addicted to traveling now.  I've got probably a dozen trips planned in my head.

21.  If I could, I would get another two cats, but I can't afford another pet deposit, and three pets aren't allowed in our apartment complex.

22.  I will be an East Coaster forever.  I loved living in North Carolina!

23.  I own the cutest cat on the planet!

24.  Much to my husband's chagrin, I keep calling the clip on a gun "that little handle."  It makes sense to me.

25.  I always have a desire to spend time outside, but I'm really disappointed when I actually get out there.  I hate too much sun, wind, heat, cold, etc.  I'm definitely an indoors person!

3 comments:

  1. I knew I liked you! Nothing better than a good book, and Twilight is not in that category! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad my first comment wasn't filled with hate about that twilight thing! Women tend to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually cross stitch too. I did one for my mom years ago that she displays. I have a Thomas Kincade one in the works that has been in the works for about 8 years now. I am so close to finishing but can't get it out for some reason. I too can not stand the Twilight series. People, you need to remember that you are finding these in the young adult section of the library or bookstore. Exactly how they read. I tried Anna Karenina but couldn't get through it. I love a good crime story though. I too agree that I need money to print my digital layouts but I do regulary remind myself that it is still cheaper than buying all of the stuff to do it by hand.

    ReplyDelete