Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Way Back Wednesday - Playing Under the Sink


I was a Barbie girl when I was a kid.  Big time.  I had tons of Barbie clothes and dolls.  I think I had six to eight Barbies, two Kens, an Ariel doll, one Kevin, and five Skipper dolls (Identical, and all from the same birthday party).  And I had a friend, Amber, who was just as equally into Barbies as I was.  At least that's how I remember it.  Is that how it was Amber?

We would take our Barbies on vacation to a swimming resort which happened to be the bathroom in the real world.  The counter and sink was the pool area, and the cupboards underneath were their hotel rooms.  And we fit inside too!  Somehow that made it feel more real to me?  Maybe I'm just odd...

The only problem we had was that it was a little dark.  So we'd push out the drawers to give us some light and more head room.  I'm sure the scene would have looked pretty bizarre to anyone just walking in.

But it was so much fun!  We would start playing in my room--home in Barbie Land--and then our Barbies would go on vacation.  So we'd "travel" to our resort, set up pretty cool hotel rooms in the cupboard, and take our barbies swimming in the sink!

3 comments:

  1. Hey GREAT MINDS think alike! I do Wayback Wednesday too! Whoo hoo

    Love your Barbie memories - I had the Barbie Airplane and Camper and Barbie and I would travel for hours in my family room:D Happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sisters and I were huge Barbie fans too. We had the 3 part barbie house that was huge. My mom made handmade furniture for the thing. We also had lots of Barbies with store bought and handmade clothes. I even had the Barbie horse which I loved and still have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember getting a Barbie swimming pool and being dissapointed that it wasn't as fun as the commercial made it look. The sink was always the best pool.

    ReplyDelete