Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have so much to be thankful for this week!  This last week and a half has probably been the hardest week and a half I've ever experienced!  Thankgoodness things are looking up!

All I can really say is that have a whole new appreciation for those who work with, live with, and take care of mentally ill patients.  I am so grateful that my mom's symptoms were/are temporary!

I also have a new appreciation for family.  Trying times can really bring families together or tear them apart.  My family has been great, and I think that we all have grown quite a bit!

Setting up hospice care a few weeks ago was probably the best move we've made yet in our journey with MS.  Our nurse Sandy, and all the other great nurses and aides at Heart 'n Home have been a God-send and we love them all!  I'm not sure how we would survive without them now!  It's hard to remember life before them

And I can't forget Hannah Hamilton.  She is great!  She brought me a loaf of homemade bread.  Delicious, wonderful, warm bread!  She is the first person to bring something specifically to Derek and I.  All the other help we've received has been more geared towards my parents.  Which is great!  I'm not complaining.  Derek and I really don't have it quite like my parents do.  They need all the help they can get, but it was so nice to feel like someone was thinking of us and wanted to make our lives a little better.  And Hannah, your bread really brightened my day!  Thank you so much!

So anyways, there's what I've been grateful for this week.  My mom woke up a lot better today and is pretty much back to her normal self.  It's wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. We're glad your mom is feeling better. Sorry that you had such a rough week. We're glad there are compassionate people near you who also think of you and Derek.

    It sounds like having some professional help is an important part of taking good care of your mom. It eases the burden for all of you and helps you feel less alone.

    We hope things continue to go relatively well. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Glad you got your money back!!

    Love, Mom C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had hospice help when my dad was dying and they were a godsend.

    ReplyDelete