Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Newsworthy Tuesday - Michael Phelps

Have any of you read in the news about Michael Phelps smoking pot at a party in Columbia, SC?  I couldn't believe it!  He's such a nice, down-to-earth looking guy!  And an Olympic athlete!  Disappointing to say the least.

The Associated Press quotes him saying,

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

Well, I'm glad that he admits to doing wrong.  So many celebrities try to get away with... well, murder!  And I'm also really proud of Sheriff Lot of Richland County, South Carolina for pursuing the case even though Michael is a well loved celebrity. Nobody should be able to get away with illegal actions even if they aren't super serious!

2 comments:

  1. My dad, Jeff and I were just talking about it last night. What a huge dissappointment. His sponsors should pull out right from underneath him. This is not the first stupid thing that he has done. He also got arrested for a DUI not that long ago and his mom was the 3rd person he called because he was afraid at how she would react. Wonder what she did this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the DUI! He is pretty young, but still, he should know better than to do stupid things!!!

    ReplyDelete