Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Morning Musings - Fantastic Sunday!

I had a fantastic Sunday yesterday! I helped Derek sub his primary class which went a lot better this week than last. And then in RS, I taught a lesson on Adversity and trials.

I was a bit nervous about teaching on that subject because even though the counselor who asked me to teach assured me they didn't ask me because I had a lot of experience with the topic (taking care of my mom), teaching is still teaching and I'm a notorious crier. I cry every time I bear my testimony, or talk about anything personal spiritually. But I felt like the lesson went really well! I had a lot of audience participation partly because I planned it that way and partly because the sisters in my ward are just great!

After the lesson, several people complimented me, and one even said that it was the most cheerful lesson on adversity she'd ever heard! :) Another funny thing was my friend Kristi gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on adversity. It ended up working out great though. We're quite a team!

As we were leaving church, I saw our friends Ann and Travis and thought we should eat dinner with them. So Sunday evening, they (and their two boys) came to eat orange chicken, veggies and rice with us.  Ann made an EXCELLENT chocolate chip oatmeal cake!  It was seriously amazing.  I'm going to get the recipe from her and you all should too!

Cornhole is probably the best relaxing outdoor game around, so we had to teach our friends.  At first, we all sort of stunk, but then we got in the groove and played a boys vs. girls game.  And guess who won!  The girls!  Ann and I were a great team!  What a great end to the day! :D



2 comments:

  1. I was really wanting to hear your lesson but Jesse has been sick the last few days so I had to stay home with him. I am glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday was a great day overall. The lessons learned were all great. Our lessons complimented each other so well.

    ReplyDelete