Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Rain

It's raining here this morning, and it's lovely.  Rainy weather is my second favorite type of weather.  Partly cloudy is my first.  It comes in at second only because I have to carry an umbrella and wear shoes when I go outside.  But anyways, in honor of the wonderful rain, my Top 10 list is...


Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Rain!
  1. It cools down the air.  I'm a cool weather person, so when it rains in the summer I am VERY happy!

  2. The great smell.  I love the smell of pending rain, present rain, and past rain.  They're all great!

  3. The calming sounds.  Rain is sort of like the ocean for me; a continual soothing background noise.  Even when it's pounding on the roof in the middle of the night!

  4. It makes all the natural colors stand out.  I love how after the rain stops, wood and dirt look browner, grass and leaves look greener, the sky looks bluer, and flowers are just that much more beautiful!

  5. It interests my cat.  Currently, my cat is going back and forth between the two open windows in our bedroom.  She'll stay at one for a couple of minutes, watch the rain, then switch to the other, watch the rain for a few minutes, and back again.  It's pretty entertaining.  It's like the rain is different through each window!

  6. It waters my flowers so I don't have to.  Watering the flowers is one of those little things that I needlessly stress over.  I don't stress that much over it, but I mean come on!  How hard is it to water flowers?!  Especially when our yard has sprinklers!

  7. Sometimes it gives me an excuse to go shopping.  I have this weird idea in my head that rainy days are good days to go shopping.  For anything.  Don't know where it came from, and rain doesn't usually fit in to my regular grocery shopping schedule, so it doesn't happen all that often.

  8. It gives me an excuse to open my windows, if the rain isn't falling in the direction of my windows.  And luckily for me, I can usually open them without getting rain inside.  Ask me about the time the rain came in through the brick in our house in North Carolina.  That's a fun story!

  9. Sometimes there's thunder and lightening.  I was never one to be afraid of thunder or lightening as a child.  Except for one time when after a particularly loud peal of thunder, one of my wizard troll's eyes lit up (it was one of those that you squeezed the tummy and the eyes would blink).  That freaked me out!

  10. The sound of the birds after rain.  Maybe I just don't notice them before it starts raining, but it seems like more birds are out and chirping after a storm. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your list - particularly that partly cloudy is your favorite type of weather - mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like rain. Especially the sound & smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I wish it would rain right now! You pinpointed everything I love about the rain, too...who knew?! (Except the cat part. No cat here.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete