Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Interlibrary Loan

Today I am grateful for the interlibrary loan system that the libraries in this area participate in.  Just earlier this week, I put four books on my list and yesterday all of them were at the library!!!

This is especially nice for me because our local library is a bit small and doesn't have that great of a selection of books.  I was just talking to a friend of mine yesterday about how we are never able to just walk in and find a good book.

But with the interlibrary loan system, I can look up the books online, request them, wait a while (sometimes a longer while than others), and then they are at my library.  Awesome!

Here are the current books I've got checked out so far...


images from Amazon.com.



1 comment:

  1. What I love about that system is that I can hold a bunch of books and then quickly pick them up with or without Gunnar. No more loud preschooler in there. I also love that I can get all of the books if I am reading a series.

    ReplyDelete