Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Way Back When Wednesday - All Tucked In!

To say Derek and I weren't prepared for our first day of work in Korea would be an understatement.  When Mr. Kim picked us up from our apartment that first Monday morning, we had no idea he was going to take us to work!  We thought we were going to go to the bank or something like that.

And for anybody who knows me, you know I'm a planner.  So this big surprise was quite unsettling for me.  Once we got to the English academy (ETS), we had a mini-conference with our boss and the other foreign teachers.  We learned that we would have absolutely no training!  We would be able to observe one class before teaching a full day.  Yikes!

So needless to say, I was a little flustered.  After the mini-conference I walked down the hall from ETS to use the bathroom.  About the time I was exiting the bathroom many of the students were arriving.  I was trying to put on a brave face and smile and wave at them because that's what they were all doing to me.

Just after I came back in ETS, so did one of the other foreign teachers.  She quickly tapped me on my shoulder and whispered, "Your skirt is caught in the back of your underwear!" 

Oh man!  I was wearing one of those full-ish, tiered skirts, and I had thought I checked for that problem before leaving the bathroom stall.  How embarrassing!  "Thank you!" I whispered back as I quickly fixed the problem.

Flustered didn't even begin to describe how I was feeling at that point!  What a way to start my first day!



1 comment: