Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - List of Gratefuls

I'm sort of having a pity part for myself today.  And yesterday, and probably all week!  Whenever my husband and I are apart for a significant amount of time, I always tend to flip out irrationally during the first and last few days.  We're on the home stretch now.  We'll be back together on Sunday!

So to fight this week's blues, today's Top 10 List is...



The Top 10 Blessings I Am Grateful For

  1. I've had minimal discomfort during this pregnancy.  I had zero morning sickness, and so far the aches and pains of a growing baby have been minimal!  I am really grateful for this blessing because I am such a wuss!

  2. I am grateful for my cat.  She's just the right balance of lap cat and stay far away from me cat.  Plus she's cute and playful.  Really entertaining!

  3. I'm grateful that Derek's got work right now.  It really stinks that he's far away and I wasn't able to go with him, but I am glad that he's able to earn money for us.  There are a lot of people who aren't as lucky.

  4. Air conditioning and ceiling fans are a huge blessing!  Like I said before, I am a wuss.  I don't handle extreme temperatures very well, especially hot weather.  And I hate to sweat.

  5. I am grateful for a healthy body and a sound mind.  Taking care of my mom has really reinforced this.  There sure seems like a lot of little things to complain about, but this experience of caregiving has really taught me that I really don't have anything to complain about!

  6. I am grateful that my cat's puke is easy to clean up.  I'm not grateful that she does puke, but when she does, it's an easy clean-up which is good because she always chooses the carpet (why not the linoleum silly cat?), and this carpet belongs to my dad. 

  7. My flowers are growing and beautiful!  I planted Moss Roses again this year, and they are doing great!  The tiny starts are filling out and the blossoms are gorgeous.  It's so pleasant to see them every day.

  8. Good books are a real blessing in my life.  I've learned quite a bit of what I know from reading.  And reading is a great way to "escape reality."  At least for a little while.

  9. I'm grateful for alarm clocks.  A simple thing, but I would never wake up on time.  A friend of mine once told me that everyone has an internal alarm clock, and that if you look at the time before you go to bed, think seriously about what time you want to wake up in the morning, and then really believe it, you will wake up at that time!  I could do all of the steps except the last one, really believe it.  I was always too worried about over sleeping.

  10. I have the best friends!  One of my friends is going through an especially hard time right now.  She's been out of town helping take care of her sister who just passed away this morning.  I really wish I could be doing something for her right now, but she's too far away at the moment.  I guess praying will have to work for now.   Would you all pray for her, too?


4 comments:

  1. My husband travels a lot, too, so I can relate! Try to do something nice for yourself. I always try to make a meal or pick up dinner from a restaurant that he doesn't like, but I love! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea from EverydayMOM...I usually buy a bag of Pepperidge Farm cookies and eat the whole thing...

    And this made me laugh..."I am grateful that my cat's puke is easy to clean up." Never thought you'd type that sentence, did you?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always good to count her blessings. I am sorry you have the blues this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel! It was great reading what you are grateful for. It made me think about how many things I take for granted. We all have a lot to be thankful don't we? I am thankful to have you for a friend too! Thank you for your prayers and your phone calls. They meant a lot to me. I hope you are having a fabulous time down in Utah - and come back soon because we are having Cheney withdrawls and have actually been going to bed early. Hurray back after all your fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete