Friday, August 7, 2009

I haven't been so good lately...

I made a goal about a year ago to blog every weekday.  At first, I was mostly interested in attracting readers and becoming a "real" blogger and a better writer.  But recently, I realized that my blog was more for me.  And I like that!  I've found my motivation for posting has been for my own record keeping and eventually to make a great big, giant blog book/scrapbook rather than to attract new readers. 

Another realization I came to was that I enjoy hanging my laundry (not the dirty stuff, that's secret!!) out to dry on my blog.  I've got nothing to hide.  I like entertaining people and making them laugh at my series of unfortunate--and fortunate--events.  Weird, huh?

This week, I've been feeling guilty because I haven't been blogging regularly and I don't have a good excuse for it.  I've just been feeling bleh about actually using my brainpower for writing, and I felt bad that I wasn't writing for my readers. Then I remembered that first and foremost, this blog is for me.  As lame as it sounds, I really like to go back and read my own blog; it makes me laugh. 

So I decided if it doesn't bother me that I haven't been writing, then I shouldn't feel guilty at all!  And now I don't.  This week has been a nice break for the blehs, but there's been lots of things happening that I need to record.  I'm promising myself that next week, I'll get back into it again!  And I've got great stuff to write about with pictures too!


No comments:

Post a Comment