Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Plant Pullin' Husband

I walked by my front room this morning, and what did I see right outside the window?  My husband pulling out the nasty prickly plants we have/had growing in the planter box.  Hooray!  I tried pulling out all the plants we had out there a week or so ago.  They were so ugly!  But the combination of being 8.5 months pregnant and weird, invisible-until-they-stick-in-your-hands-and-arms stickers made me quit halfway through.  Those stickers are the most irritating things I've ever experienced!  Not only do they sting when they're stuck in you, they leave minuscule cuts in their wake that burn for hours after!

I really wished I had my camera out and ready because Derek was so cute.  At the time I happened to walk by, he was taking a break to pull the mini-stickers out of his hands.  He is a pretty tough guy with nice callouses all over his hands so he doesn't usually use gloves for working, but I guess the mini-stickers were too much for him, too! :)  I got him the same dish-gloves I used before I pooped out before.  They worked surprisingly well. 

Thanks Derek for braving the nasty plants for me!  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice prickly plant pulling husband!! he does good bookshelves and nightstands too! We look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow night! I think it's still going on right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see some belly pictures Rachel!

    ReplyDelete