Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Photoshop Elements

I've been enjoying Photoshop Elements lately. Probably a bit too much.  Just ask my husband how often I talk to him about digi scrapping with PSE.  So today's top ten post is...

Top 10 Things I Love About Photoshop Elements


  1. The number of free and not so free resources available.  There are tons: YouTube videos, websites, magazines, books, etc!  I don't have to find a tutorial for a similar program and then try to figure out how to use the techniques in my program. 

  2. Clipping Masks. Alt-click.  What more can you ask for?  A whole new world of template use opened up to me when I learned that trick! 

  3. Blending Modes.  I love all the different looks that these give you.  It makes digi scrapping just that much more personal

  4. Everything is Free Until Printing.  Well, almost free.  PSE isn't free by any means, but I got a really good deal on my copy, and you could pay for fonts, brushes, textures, word art, digi kits and the like, but with sites like Scrapping with the IkeaGoddess, why pay?

  5. PSE is User Friendly.  While PSE isn't exactly easy to use, it is very user friendly.  Once I figured out a few things, other things just came naturally.

  6. Editing Photos IN a Layout.  If the layout still has all it's layers, you can still do some editing to each photo individually.  This is nice because sometimes, you can't tell how much editing your photo needs until it's in with all the colorful stuff on the page.

  7. It's Easy to Upload Fonts.  This is probably true with other programs as well, but right now I only really know PSE.  All I have to do is download the font, install it on my computer, and there it is in PSE!

  8. Adobe Bridge.  Lately, mine has been acting up a little, but I still love it!  Adobe Bridge came with my PSE.  It's an organizer of sorts.  I am a very visual person.  I like to see my choices.  Bridge makes that possible.  AND I can adjust the size of the previews.  Cool!

  9. Brushes.  PSE comes with a bunch of brushes that I'm learning new and really cool ways of using.  It's also really easy to load custom brushes.

  10. I Know How to Use PSE.  Kind of lame, I know.  But I'm one of those people who will always prefer something I know, or something I learned/experienced first.  Even if the alternative is better.  Does that make me lazy?


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you posted this! Tell me more! What tutorials/sites are especially helpful? I have PSE and only know how to do about 1% of it!

    Going back to look thru your blog to see if you have any layouts for me to copy...I mean get inspiration from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.jessicasprague.com is great. She has a few free tutorials, and if you're willing to pay a bit, her classes are wonderful! My favorite thing about her is she does a layout from start to finish and each lesson teaches you at least three new skills. Very comprehensive!

    YouTube is also a good resource. Just search "_____, PSE" and you can find a video tutorial on whatever you're looking for!

    Other times I just google what I want. There's usually another blogger out there that's done what want to do and has written about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. number ten is big for me too! i had a friend show me corel paintshop so that is what i bought because that is what i knew how to use, the only downside that i have found is the "actions", i bought one for eyes, and i don't know how to use it in my program, or if i even can use it!

    ReplyDelete