Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Slighly Odd Things I Do

The mail came this morning and I have to admit, I got really excited.  Not because I was expecting anything to come, but just because the mail came!  And that made me think.  What other weird things do I do...



Top 10 Slightly Odd Things I Do


  1. Go check the mail.  Everyday.  I love it, and I get a little miffed if someone else gets to it before I do.  I'm like a little kid running out there!

  2. Choose which book to read based on how it feels in my hands.  By this I mean if there is more than one edition of a book I'm interested in reading, I'll pick the best sized one.  They're usually the older, hard backed ones.

  3. Read Wikipedia articles.  I don't do this as much as I used to, but I love it!  I love it because the more I read, the more I know.  And the more I know, the more I'll be able to participate intelligently in conversations.  And that's a good feeling.

  4. Check on my flowers everyday.  Sometimes I make a special trip of it, sometimes it's in conjunction with checking the mail.  I only go out to look at how pretty they are.  I don't do any weeding or watering (the sprinklers take care of that).  Well, I guess I do some weeding... once the weeds are way taller than the flowers.

  5. Share odd stuff about myself online.  I taught a mini class on blogging a week ago and realized just how odd that really is!  I got a lot of weird looks from people when I told them what kinds of things were on my blog.  Oh well, I'm comfortable with it!

  6. Download a bunch of digi-scrapping supplies... and then never use them.  A couple months ago I knew I wanted to get into digital scrapbooking, so I found a couple freebie sites and started downloading papers, fonts, word art, templates, embellishments, etc.  The only problem?  I had NO idea how to use them.  But I kept collecting knowing I'd figure it out later.  Then I discovered another problem, hard drive space.  I had unknowingly filled the rest of my computer's hard drive with all my stuff.  I had 25GB of supplies!  Yikes!  Well, I've figured out how to digi-scrap on PSE and I've slowed down the downloading.  But it's still a temptation.

  7. Sniff my cat.  I have never had such a good smelling cat before.  She has beautiful, soft, fluffy fur that always smells so nice and clean.  I am selective about where I sniff her though.

  8. Peel a grapefruit and eat like an orange.  I'm not sure if this one is odd or not.  I haven't seen anyone else do it and my husband gives me really weird looks every time I come over to the couch with a plastic bag and a whole grapefruit.

  9. I organize my clothes according to color...  but only in the closet.  It's too much work with the folded clothes. 

  10. I talk to my cat.  Sometimes we meow back and forth; sometimes I talk, she meows.  This one might not be just me either, but it sure feels weird when I do it. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm w/you on the digi-scrapping. I can't say no!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love checking the mail too. Not sure why. Jeff got to it first this afternoon and it bugged me. I also love checking on my flowers and just looking at my garden. I feel such great pride in those things. When I first start digi scrapping, I downloaded most everything. Then as I got into it, I got extremely picky realizing that there is so much out there and deleted some of the ones that I have no idea why I downloaded in the first place. And lastly, I organize my clothes by color too. Just makes things nice and easy. I feel like a blue shirt today so I go to the blue section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be why we're friends, Kristi! We're so much alike! :D

    ReplyDelete