Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Morning Musings - Is this real life?

Hey, what do you know?  A Monday Morning Musing on Monday morning!  That hasn't happened for a while!

As my pregnancy progresses, I've become very aware of my body, and it's often on my mind.  As of today, I'm approximately 32 weeks along.  Some body parts that I've become aware of I had no idea I had, or had no idea they would change to the way they are!  Sometimes I think about what-can-I-do-to-get-my-body-through-the-day, and other thoughts are just self conscious.  I know that I'm lucky, and have had it pretty easy so far.  And I'm grateful for that.  But I'm a wuss.  A big--and getting bigger--wuss! :D

So you can imagine, how grateful I was when I got up from the couch the other day and as I was walking away, Derek--who was sitting next to me on the couch--said, "You have such a sweet butt!" Or maybe you can't...  Maybe it's just me.

Before getting pregnant, comments like that were flattering, but... a little much for me most of the time.  But that day, I was so happy!  I didn't say anything right then, but I think I've thanked him for the butt comment just about everyday since then! :)

And on a completely different note, here's some pages I've recently finished!!!



2 comments:

  1. When I was large and in charge with Rigby, I appreciated when my husband told me I had a cute behind. When you feel less than stellar about your body, its good to know your husband still finds you beautiful. I'm especially grateful for that with my postpartum stretch-marked belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are looking so great! Just looking at your pages is causing me to want to find time to work on mine. the more you learn, the easier it gets, the easier it gets the funner it is. Is funner a word?

    ReplyDelete