Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Traveling

I've got a bit of the traveling bug today, but I haven't the money to do anything about it. Bummer!


Top 10 Places I'd LOVE to Travel
  1. Yellowstone National Park:  I've been there many times, but I can't get enough of it!  To me, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.

  2. Glacier National Park:  I've heard amazing things about this National Park, and the pictures are wonderful! 

  3. Banff National Park (Canada):  I've heard great things about this park, too.  It would be part of the gigantic road trip that would include Yellowstone, and Glacier National Parks.   Oh, and the Ortons too.  They just don't know I'm planning them into my giant vacation yet.

  4. Sokcho, South Korea:  Derek and I lived there for a year and a half.  We didn't really know it then, but it was a major stop for tourists.  Sokcho sits right in between some of the best beaches  and one of the most famous National Parks in South Korea.  10 minutes to either one!

  5. The Trans-Siberian Railroad: Someday, Derek and I will take a huge around the world trip on a budget.  The Trans-Siberian Railroad will be one of the legs of that trip.  We'd like to take the route that goes through China, Mongolia, and Russia. 

  6. Africa, somewhere:  Anywhere in Africa would be fine.  Well, almost anywhere.  Africa's a huge place with so many different cultures and environments.  I think I'd love it all!

  7. The Oregon Coast:  This is another vacation I have planned in my head.  We've heard the Oregon coast is beautiful, and once I saw a picture of the Devil's Punchbowl I knew I had to go!  Maybe we could hitMt. Saint Helens somehow on the trip, too... that might be tricky though.  I don't think it's anywhere near the coast

  8. Arches National Park:  Another National Park I've previously been too, but I didn't have my great, amazing, wonderful camera with me.  We're definitely going again.  Oh!  And I have that cool National Parks passport thing.  It doesn't get me in for free or anything.  I just get to stamp it at every National Park I go to.

  9. St. Johns, Arizona:  This teeny, tiny town is where my Aunt, Uncle and Grandparents live.  They're really the only things in town worth seeing!  They are so fun!  And I've got to see the bathroom Derek remodeled for them earlier this year.

  10. Alaska, the whole thing:  I think I would start with a cruise--they are SO worth it--and then make my own way around to see all the other amazing things in Alaska.  Maybe I could get my blogger buddy Michelle Mitchell from Scribbit to point me in the right directions! :)


5 comments:

  1. Of course! I'd show you around myself!

    We'd start by eating our way through Anchorage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're doing a cruise with Michelle can I come, too?! ;)

    And every single place you mentioned sounds awesome...well, maybe not the bathroom in Arizona...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go most of those places too...especially Yellowstone. On my list is also the California coast, the Caribbean, Fiji...heck, I may have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Alaska a couple of times and would GLADLY volunteer to go again! It's amazing!
    And I love your list- a little too outdoorsy for my taste, but a very scenic trip around the world! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Oregon Coast is a lot of fun and you are so close. My aunt and uncle own 3 beach houses and recently retired in one of them. We used to go every 4th of July until their family started getting bigger and there was no room for the rest of us. I really need to get back there especially with family right on the ocean. One of the places that I really want to go to is Egypt. I think the history and things to see would be awesome. I also really want to go back to Hawaii. With my family history and all it really means that much more to me. I've recently heard great things about Banff. It looked so pretty and would be one of those places that I would love to go to as well. The glaciers looked so cool.

    ReplyDelete