Sunday, August 10, 2008

ARGH!

I'm in Jackson, WY right now.  (By the way, thanks Mom and Dad Cheney for re-reserving the condo for us.  Sorry we didn't take you guys up on the offer when we visited a couple weeks ago.  We're so fickle with our travel plans!)  And it's 5:56 right now.  Not my normal time to be awake.  And neither is 3:30, which is the time I woke up this morning...

We went to the Bar-J Ranch last night for their dinner and show.  It was WONDERFULLY FUNNY!  I enjoyed every minute of it!  The five singing cowboys they have worked so well together!  It didn't even sound scripted!  Derek was laughing so hard he cried!  But before dinner even started, I started to get a headache.  Not a little headache, a HUGE MIGRAINE!  And it just kept growing throughout the whole performance.  I couldn't believe it!

After the show I was so miserable.  My head hurt so badly, I went through cycles of near head explosions and pukings.  By the time we got to a store to get aspirin, no... make that Excedrin Migraine, all I could think about was not puking and not exploding. 

We got home, and after a LONG hot shower and two Excedrins, I was feeling better... fuzzy, but better, and I went to sleep.  BUT, I woke up at 3:30 with the beginnings of another super headache.  So I took another couple of Excedrins.  Excedrin has A TON of caffeine in it.  And so did the snack food I ate with it so I wouldn't get sick, a Kit-Kat bar.  So, I've been awake since 3:30...  It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow...  I see a nap in my future.

And don't worry, I'll post more of the highlights of our Jackson trip later. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel - I hope you are doing OK. That sounds awful. I hope the headaches go away quickly. We are glad Derek is helping take such good care of you. It sounds like you had a good time at the BarJ even with feeling awful. I hope the rest of your weekend is a fun on. Willow is doing great - she was so sweet to me yesterday and taking the medicine just fine. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I hope you are feeling better. I have never had a migrain, but I can't imagine it would be fun.

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete