Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cross Stitch, Love Them or Hate Them?

I was reading my friend Jodi's blog today (she always has cool tips and fun stories) and she mentioned that she was thinking of doing a cross stitch for her next craft project.  More power to you Jodi!!!

I've been working on one off and on for the last 7 months or so.  It's called "Old World Map," by Janlyn.  It's on sale right now for $23.39, originally $41.99.

It 's quite large and detailed so I burn out pretty quickly.  I get really into it for a week, and then have to take a month or so to recoup.  Here's a picture of it.

It's so big I literally had to stand that far back from the computer so I could get my face in with it and not be all scrunched down and hunch-backed looking.  
And yes, my computer is in the kitchen, on the kitchen table.  
And yes, my kitchen/dinning area is tiny and I'm practically leaning against the refrigerator door.  It's not quite as bad as it probably looks...
In the end it should look like this...


But who knows when the end will be!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is much more than I have ever done! I'm impressed at your desire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I am actually pretty good at cross stitch but have yet to finish a Thomas Kincade for my mom that I started about 8 years ago. I just got to the finishing sky stuff and got burnt out I think.

    By the way, my phone is 284-7978. We changed to just a cell phone so the directory is so out of date.

    ReplyDelete