Sunday, August 17, 2008

Twin Falls Temple Open House

I am so grateful for temples!  What an amazing age we live in!  There are so many temples around the world, and I have never been more than a day's trip away from one.  Even in Korea!  They bring so many blessings to our lives.  I get such a warm feeling inside when I remember that because Derek and I were married in the temple, we get to be together for this life AND the next.  Forever!

During the Twin Falls temple open house (THANK YOU Brent and Tanya for inviting us to go with you!!!), they played a DVD to introduce the purpose of temples and the history leading up to the building of the Twin Falls temple.  In this short film, Elder Holland said something that made me stop and think.  Not that it was a new concept to me, it was just one of those, hmm-I've-never-though-of-it-that-way-before, moments.  He said that he couldn't think of Heaven without his family.  It wouldn't be heaven without family.

It never occurred to me that other people thought of Heaven in a singular way.  I guess I should have when society portrays heaven as individual angels sitting on mini-clouds playing harps.  Well, maybe that was just one cartoon.... but still, I like our beliefs on Heaven.  I want to be with my family forever!

Anyways,  here's some pictures from the open house.  The day was beautiful!



The sun was so bright!  We tried to take a picture from the shady area.  


And this is what we look like in the sunny sun.  
I wish I could be more like the temple, less squinty.





It was impossible to get a picture of the entire front of the temple with us in it,
so we settled on just the name and front door.



The Angel Moroni



Derek and Jane doing crazy faces



We went out to eat afterwards.  We were all starving!!!
I look a little angry, but I'm not.  I was just in the middle of telling
the waitress, "You have to hold the button down."

No comments:

Post a Comment