Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Finds - A Link Round-up

The Turkish, They Don't Care if Kids Shove Tampons in Their Ears, My Sweet Life. Funny, funny story.

Handmade Bookmarks, Skip To My Lou. So cute! Especially the sock monkey one. The only problem is, I don't know how to crochet that well! Anybody want to teach me?

I Blog Because Its Who I Am
, My Sweet Life. Great post on why this blogger blogs. I kind of feel the same way. I blog because I want a good, detailed record of my life. I've looked back on the sparse journaling I've done, and I'm heartbroken! I wish I had done better!

How Are Parents Supporting Teachers? Scribbit. Having once been a teacher, this post really hits home for me. I wish that all my former students' parents were like Michelle! But instead, I--or I should say we, my husband taught too--had to deal with parents who only believed what their kids said about class. They never took the time to try to believe us.

What's in a Name? Cake Wrecks. I'm a sucker for funny picture blogs and websites. This one is probably my new favorite! I mean, come on! When you've got, "Welcome Bundle of Joey," written in green cursive with fake plastic balloons for a baby cake, how much funnier can you get?!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again! It's funny how many bloggers I know out there who are former teachers--I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete