Monday, September 15, 2008

Television and Movie Mondays

Here's what we've been watching...

Bones: I've been really disappointed with this season so far. I thought maybe it was just the season premiere going for the "shock" factor, but the second episode was just as bad. Bones still has all the good stuff from previous seasons, but you know that saying, "even one cockroach ruins a whole bowl of ice cream." There's just too much promiscuity in this season!


Eureka: Excellent as always. Sci-fi really did a good job appealing to a broader base with this show. Each show Sheriff Carter has to deal with some problem created by the super scientists working at Global Dynamics. It's definitely science fiction, but it's cute and funny!





Monk
: I've been a monk fan for years now! I think this show gets better every season. I've been impressed with how the producers have made a great crime show without all the gore, bad language, and inappropriate scenes! It's great! It's on USA


Psych: Another great USA program. A fake psychic detective? How much better can you get! I especially like how they do a flashback to Shawn and Gus' childhoods.







Burn Notice
: Also on USA. This is a new one to us. It's currently in its second season, but we're just catching up. I'm surprised at how many variations on the crime drama there are (if you can't tell, I'm a fan of crime or mystery solving shows). This one has an ex-spy who has been "burned," or fired in spy speak. He's trying to figure out why while helping out other people.


The Closer: I think this is my all time favorite show. It has just the right amount of drama, comedy and romance for a crime drama. My favorite part is that the boss is a woman, but she doesn't use her "womanly wiles" to move up in her career. I just wish TNT would put it online!






The Secret Life of the American Teenager
: This is my guilty pleasure. ABC Family seems to have a lot of guilty pleasure-type shows. I haven't decided if it's trash or "educational." There's a bunch of different story lines going on in this one. The main one is of a freshman girl who accidentally gets pregnant. I can tell they're trying to educate, but I'm not sure that this is quite the right way. There's a balance between teaching and promoting. This one's still up in the air.


The best part about all of these shows (except the Closer, I had to buy that one) is that they're online. I can watch them when ever I have the time. And there are minimal commercials. Still annoying, but at least there's only one each commercial break!

1 comment:

  1. We love Monk and Psych too. I haven't seen any of the other ones. We don't watch TV too often I am ready for bed once I get the boys to bed and during the day I don't want them to see most of what is on...well I do get Bob the Builder and Diego in:)

    ReplyDelete