Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

It's my Dad's birthday today!  Got lots of fun stuff planned for him!  Derek and I went to their house early this morning to bake cinnamon and orange rolls.  Rhodes makes it so easy!  Just pop them in a cold oven, turn it on to 350, and 30 minutes later, you have fresh, warm DELICIOUS rolls!!!

I also put some steaks in the crock pot for dinner tonight.  Steaks AND potatoes.  He's a sort of steak and potatoes kind of guy.

We gave him some kooky gifts too. Well, they were good gifts, just wrapped up strange.  What do you do when you have two small cord clips (They're so cute!  They look like mini handcuffs) and no box?  Put them in a mini tupperware and wrap it up, of course! :)  I had to use so much tape; he almost couldn't open it!  I also had the challenge of wrapping a baggie of Boston Baked Beans.  That ended up looking like a white, tissue flower...  Not the best for a Dad's birthday.  But it's whats inside that counts, right?

Got a couple other surprises in store for him, but I don't want to spoil them, so mum's the word!

And just for kicks and giggles, here's a blast from the past.  I think I'm about 3, maybe 4 years old? 



------------------------

I LOVE MY DAD!
------------------------

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture! Tell your dad Happy Birthday from the Hamiltons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how Bruce will ALWAYS look in my mind!

    ReplyDelete