Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

My Thankful Thursday post this week comes in two parts.  I came across a set of 32 photos of North Korea this morning from the Boston Globe and just knew I had to share them!  I e-mailed and asked if I could put one or two up on the blog, and he graciously said yes!  They are amazing.  At least, I think so. The photographer, Eric Lafforgue was lucky enough to be able to be inside the extremely communist country to take the photos.  I use the word "lucky" very loosely.

I am thankful that I'm not North Korean.  I'm grateful that I don't live there. Not only are the living conditions HORRIBLE, but I'm the kind of person who can't handle complete conformity.  I mean, I'm usually the type that doesn't like something because everyone else seems to!  I think just that would drive me crazy!

Looking at these pictures reminds me of South Korea.  And I am SO THANKFUL that Derek and I had the opportunity to live there and experience everything Korea!   The people and the landscape all looked familiar.  We always hear about how North Korea is bad, part of the "axis of evil."  It was nice to have a reminder that North Korea has regular people too. 

I really hope you get over to the Boston Globe to see the pictures.  They really are great!  Especially the ones of the Mass Games.  Make sure you read the captions as well.


 
this woman is just gorgeous to me!
 Pyongyang
This is a propaganda village, but it so reminds me of the area around Sokcho!


This photo is one of mine.  It was taken in Seorak Mountain National Park in Sokcho, South Korea
From Cheneys in Korea

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing the South Korea stories. It is beautiful and a real education for me.

    ReplyDelete