Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Handyman Built a Beautiful Table


... but it's not put together yet.

He finished putting poly on it this afternoon and now we're all just waiting for it to dry completely (3 days) to put it together.  Some of us have been waiting longer than others.  We made the table for my Dad. He has been waiting for a table he ordered through a STUPID, SHADY, online furniture company.  The name doesn't come to mind at the moment, I want to remember it so I can tell everyone how stinky they have been to my family.  I mean come on!  How much lower can you get than scam a family who's buying a new table for the sole purpose of handicapped accessibility!

Anyways, he's been waiting for the table since February.  That makes 8 months.  That's almost a baby!  His birthday was on Tuesday so I decided that we should make him a table because he's probably not going to get the one he ordered.  And when I say we, I mean Derek.  He's like Bob the builder, except more real and more attractive.

And what he's made looks great so far!

And here's where I put in a plug for my husband! He's a handyman and especially interested in building things like tables, beds, shelves, etc. Check out his website, www.derekofalltrades.com and call him if you need anything.

1 comment: