Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Musings

I should be in church right now, but I feel like a big pile of stink right now partly because I'm still getting over a cold, and partly because I haven't been sleeping very well lately. And it's a problem I can't seem to fix! No matter how hard I try to sleep--day or night--sleep teases me.

So here I am, tired, but can't sleep, reloading my backed-up iTunes music that's been spread out over my HD and external HD. Hopefully it works without too many troubles.

While I was waiting, I decided to check my e-mail and found this wonderful gem sent to me by my brother-in-law, Doug. The article, entitled, What if Mormons are Right and Catholics and Protestants Wrong? was especially interesting to me because it was from another country AND it discussed Mormonism, my religion! What more could I ask for?

Now obviously, I don't entirely agree with EVERYTHING the journalist writes, but for the most part, he's got a great idea! I've also always wondered why other religions, who think we don't have it right anyway, have a problem with us doing baptisms for the dead. If they don't think our practices do anything, what's the harm?

I personally am very grateful for baptisms for the dead. It's incomprehensible to me that people who have died without the opportunity to hear the Gospel will never have that chance, and will suffer for eternity for a choice they weren't able to make! No way! A fair, loving, just God, our Father in Heaven, would not do that to his children.

I know that Heaven is a place for families. Families are made forever in the temple. I am glad that I am able to do work for my deceased ancestors!

Oh look!  Just in time, my songs are all uploaded, and everything worked out great.  I don't have millions of duplicates.  Just a hundred or so...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    I have the non sleeping bug lately too...if you find a cure, let me know!

    ReplyDelete