Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday



I was going to write this week's Thankful Thursday on 24 hour stores like Winco and Walmart. But then I remembered that it was 9/11, and that put things into better perspective.

So here's what I'm especially thankful for... my country. I am so blessed to have been born here! When I was a kid, I used to think that only America was a good country with the best government system and that all others were bad. I used to worry about other people in other countries, like Canada. I'm not sure why Canada. Seems kind of random...

As I've grown up, studied, traveled, and lived abroad, I've learned that not all countries and their governments are bad. There are a few that are, but a lot of them are really good, and people in foreign countries do have many of the same freedoms we enjoy.

But I've also come to know that there's no place like The United States of America! We are fortunate people, and shouldn't take our country for granted!



Photobucket Image Hosting

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Devri! It's nice to know people are reading and enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! What a wonderful post. Great work remembering! I love the photos of you and your mom. We are so blessed aren't we? We are reading Helaman right now and just realizing how quick we are to forget the great things the Lord does for us. After these national disasters like 9-11 and Katrina, there was a national feeling of prayer and faith and reaching out, and then quickly we got back into forgetting. And in Helaman that is just what is happening - in something will happen to help the people repent and turn to the Lord, but in 1-3 years they are back focusing on riches and things of the world. At any rate its nice to take time to remember.

    ReplyDelete