Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Way Back When Wednesdays - I bumped my sister and a piece fell off!

This is another post from our family history blog.  My mom and I wrote it together. 


For Christmas, 1991, we traveled down to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Snowflake. It was a long drive, and PJ and I often got restless, and on this trip we started to play fight in the back of the van. PJ was in the middle row of seats and I was in the back row. We were both pulling on PJ's "green and purple rope" playing a sort of tug-of-war. At this age, we were pretty evenly matched as PJ was big for his age.

So they pulled back and forth for a while, and all of a sudden, I slipped, fell forward and hit the back of the middle seat with my mouth. It wasn't really painful because it was padded, but the impact was hard enough that it knocked out my loose front tooth!

Later, when we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house, PJ jumped out of the car and exclaimed, "I bumped my sister and a piece fell off!" This phrase has become a classic in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment