Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Finds: A Link Round-up

Cleaning Supplies Using Food Storage Items, Food Storage Made Easy. With all this talk about going "green," I think companies try to make us think we have to buy "green" things.  This post gives you simple recipes to make cleaning supplies with stuff in your house already!

Self Reliance Homemade Laundry Detergent, Modern Molly Mormon.  Interesting idea for food storage.  I think I'd like to try it.  Who knows what kinds of stuff is in the store bought brands.

Mormon Messages. Great YouTube resource!

Caterpillar Cat, Japan Probe.  Too cute!  How can I get my cat to do this?


Twenty Reasons I Love a Tiny House, Remodeling Guy.  This post makes me want to go out and buy a tiny house.  I know it sounds crazy but when we lived in Korea, I felt the same way about our 500 sq. ft. apartment.  It obviously wouldnt work for a family, but we really enjoyed the small space!

Josh Blue at Last Comic Standing.  I've avoided this show because of the language and vulgarity that usually accompanies stand up comics.  This guy is good.  There's a little bit of language, but not too much.  I'd recommend it.


Welcome to Holland, The Hamilton Family.  Honestly, Hannah is high on my list of top five favorite friends.  She is awesome!  She always has a happy, upbeat attitude despite whatever challenges come her way.  This week, she posted a great analogy.  Even though it was intended to be about raising children with disabilities, it really spoke to me because of the situation I have with my mom and her MS.  There are a lot of people out there caring for an ailing parent, but not many who are in their mid-20s and just starting a family.  Most people going through what I'm going through have already raised their families and their parent is older.  Anyways, boo hoo, pitty party for me! :)  I really enjoyed Hannah's post!

1 comment:

  1. You have some great posts this week. I have been thinking about making the laundry soap also. Thank you for the shout out. I have really enjoyed becoming friends with Derek and you. We need to have another get together!

    ReplyDelete