Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Morning Musings - Sunday Lessons

Here are a few thoughts I came away with from church yesterday.  It was a wonderful Sunday!


Superhero power?... Faith!
In a talk given by my friend Amy, she spoke about superhero powers.  She has two little boys and they love superheros like Spiderman, Batman and Superman.  She wanted to teach them that if she could choose any superpower, she would choose faith because you can do anything with faith!

The Wentworth Letter
In our Gospel Principles class, we had a wonderful discussion on the Wentworth Letter.  This is the letter that Joseph Smith Jr. wrote to John Wentworth in response to his questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (it contains the Articles of Faith, 13 statements on our basic beliefs).  We were all impressed with how calm and non vindictive the letter was!  That thought led us to talk about how for the most part we as Mormons don't seek revenge for any past wrong doings.  Which led me to think about how that was a testiment to the truth of the Gospel.

Standing strong against adversity
In Relief Society meeting, my friend Hannah taught a wonderful lesson on standing strong against or overcoming adversity (I can't remember exactly which was the topic name, but they both fit!).  It really flowed right along after our Gospel Doctrine class.  In fact, she invited all of the class members--women and men--to attend Relief Society to continue the discussion! :D  I really loved her insights to adversity.  The lesson and class discussion helped me to see that I'm not the only one with a tough life at the moment.  And really, my life is not defined by the adversity that I'm (and everyone else in my family is) experiencing.  Life is good.  Hard, but good!

And a cool giveaway!  Blissfully Domestic is having a huge "Geek Shic Giveaway!"

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got something out of the lesson. I was praying the entire time because I was frazzled from Faith and Rob was home dealing with Jesse. It was like that all week preparing. I was just grateful everyone talked alot to help the lesson go alright!

    ReplyDelete