Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Way Back When Wednesday - Making Rocks

I did a lot of weird things when I was a kid.  One time in about 2nd grade, my friend and I decided that we would make rocks.  I had heard somewhere that rocks are just made out of dirt and time, so we decided that that we would get some dirt and stick it together with water.  That worked alright for us so we put them on some cement in the sun to dry.

A few hours later we went back to check on our "rocks" to see their progress.  They looked nice and solid so we tried to pick them up.  Unfortunately, they crumbled between our fingers.  I was so disappointed!  I thought we did everything right.  I guess we forgot about pressure and millions of years! :)

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the time my friend and I decided we would hatch some eggs at a slumber party. We snuck downstairs to her mom's fridge and took out eggs (we left dimes in their place) and sat on them all night. If they cracked, we put a bandaid on them.

    No chickies for us. We were sorely disappointed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny! I never tried that. Did they make a mess?

    ReplyDelete