Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Relatives

I have been really thankful for my relatives this last weekend.  They are great!  Both my grandparents and my aunt and uncle came to visit. 

My grandparents had hoped to stay for the weekend, but unfortunately, my grandma wasn't feeling well.  We think that it was allergies, but no matter what it was, she was miserable.  They ended up only staying Friday night and then half the day on Saturday.  Even though their visit was way too short, we enjoyed seeing them!  And we're looking forward to seeing them again sometime this summer!

My aunt and uncle--who happen to be my great aunt and uncle, but they're the same age as my parents--came by on Monday unexpectedly on their way home to Utah from visiting their kids and grandkids in Washington.  My aunt called just a half hour before they got here and told me they were only going to stay 5 minutes.  I offered some lunch, but she declined saying they had a schedule to keep.

Well I was having none of that!  I really wanted to see them!  So I decided to make a quick lunch anyway, my chicken sandwiches with a salad.  Yum!  I figured they needed to eat, so why not eat here?  We ate and talked for a few minutes, then they were on their way.  It was so great to see them!

I am very grateful for relatives who take the time to come visit us.  It's hard/impossible for us to get to them, so we really appreciate them coming to us!



See that new widget?  I'm trying out Mr. Linky!  Write a post about something you're grateful for and link it back here! Make sure you copy and paste the link to your specific post, not just your blog address!

No comments:

Post a Comment