Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Morning Musings

I'm changing things again.  I really enjoyed doing Book of Mormon Mondays, but that ended up putting too much pressure on me to get something amazing out of the scriptures.  I might still write about what I've read, or I might just write about something else inspiring to me; musings is a nice general word.

So on to the musings!

Everyone seems to be posting about Easter today, and I have a most excellent picture to share...


Derek's Easter present was an Amazing Spiderman Easter Basket!  Notice the Spiderman head eggs?  It took my sister-in-law and I forever to find all the blue stuff.  But he LOVED it!  My Easter present was giving him the basket.  I'm a gift giver.  It's my love language.  I'm really happy to just give Derek a gift.  Unless it's Easter.  Sorry Derek, the gift giving only thing doesn't work on that holiday! :D

And speaking of Easter, I've been reading a book all about the real reason to celebrate, the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  It's titled, The Infinite Atonement, by Tad Callister.  It's amazing!  There's so much great stuff in it!  I started reading it around Christmas, and I'm still only about half-way through.  It would be a shame to read it any faster! 

Here's the first paragraph of the first chapter.  It's amazing and really got me hooked on the book.

"A person studying the Atonement is somewhat like the man who retreats to his mountain cabin to enjoy the scenery.  If he looks out the window to the east, he will see the snow-capped peakes of the Rockies; but if he fails to examine the view on the west, he will miss the crimson-streaked sunset on the horizon; if he neglects the scene to the north, he will never see the shimmering emerald lake; and if he bypasses the window on the south, he will fail to witness the wild flowers in all their brilliant glory, dancing in the gentle mountain breeze.  Beauty besets him in every direction.  So it is with the Atonement.  Regardless of our vantage point, it is glorious to behold.  Every princible underlying it, every consequence flowing from it rewards our intellect, animates our emotions, and enlivens our spirit.  It is a doctrine for all seasons." (pp. 1)

Isn't that beautiful?!  The whole book is like that, beautifully written yet simple to understand.

And one more thing for you on this beautiful Monday morning...  Everyday Food Storage is doing a really great giveaway this week.  They've put together a recipe book with all their great tips and recipes from their site!  And like they said on their blog, "It’s like having my blog all in one place (so your laptop can be safe OUT of the kitchen ;)."  I love that!



Anyways, they're giving SIX away and there are multiple ways of entering!  Check it out!  The fun ends this Friday so hurry!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture. Makes me laugh. I too saw that giveaway. I just may end up buying the thing. I really need to use my food storage more.

    ReplyDelete