Thursday, April 23, 2009

In process of moving

We are moving, slowly moving.  But we should be moving faster.  We've got a lot of stuff to go through/get rid of/reorganize!

Last night was our first night officially living at my parents'.  Not as weird as I thought.  Definitely not as nice to not to have the bathroom attached to our bedroom, but I can live with that.  I think I'll keep house better here.  Who knows, I might even vacuum! :D  But I have been a little more emotional about this move than I thought.  I don't have any doubts about moving in to my parents' house; it's definitely the right thing for us to do.  But for some reason I feel really sad about leaving our apartment!  I almost cried last night.  It's not even that great!  I guess I feel attached to it because it's the first place we've lived in the US completely on our own.

And here's a random picture of Willow.  My grandma sent this lap quilt to my mom and Willow fell in love with it.  You should see her on it now.  One big ball of fur! :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the moving. I hate moving.

    And, I totally cried when I shut the door on our first apartment for the last time. It was tiny, and I really didn't like it all that much, but it was our first place and I'm sentimental like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm finally commenting!!!

    Change is always a little bit challenging...even when it is good for us. I'm glad your dad and mom have your help. You are a huge blessing to them.

    I'm also happy you got to have a little road trip with your dad. How fun to see his country and hear his memories. Every part of the world has something beautiful (even my beloved Arizona desert) and it is good to look for the beauty. And we thought Idaho looked exceptionally green and lovely as we came through.

    Enjoy this new chapter of your life!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!

    It was very nice visiting you two over at your parent's home yesterday. I was noticing how nice and clean things were there and while I was doing the dishes at my home around midnight I was thinking about you and thought about how you must be a very great homemaker to have everything over there so nice and clean all the time and that you must have some great system to keep it up (like always washing your dishes right after making a mess and not letting them pile up!, etc.) And thinking also that this might be a pretty fun time for both you and Derek and for your Mom and Dad to have you there. It was fun to see your parents home transforming to have some of your decorations and things around and your style and touch too!

    I bet in one way that this move is hard too. Every time Brent and I drive past our first apartment in Rexburg, or even just to think about our home in Moscow, I have sweet fun memories of all the good times there and even want to go back, move back in, and have things the way they were then. I don't blame you if you felt like crying a bit - or even a lot!

    Good luck this week with finishing up the move and please call if you need any more help! Brent is available tonight!!!

    We love you Cheney's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps - Willow looks so cute and comfy on the beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete